Teamster Industries offer a wide range of opportunities to “Grow Your Future”
What do Teamsters do?
Today, Teamsters members work across the entire State of Wisconsin as a supply chain to construction projects and other industries. Some of the services provided by Teamster members are deliveries in ready mix, wallboard, gravel hauling, heavy hauling and waste removal.
Being a Teamster member in Wisconsin makes you a cornerstone piece in moving Wisconsin forward.
What do Teamsters supply?
- Construction Sites
- Waste Removal
- Industrial Trades
- Moving Freight
- Power Plants
What do I need to be a Teamster?
- You need to be a person who is responsible and who is willing to learn and be punctual.
- You must have a valid driver’s license and a valid CDL license if required.
- You will also need to be in good physical condition to perform the work required.
The Story of Big Step, Inc.
The Big-Step outreach program was established to acquaint individuals with employment and career opportunities in the skilled trades. Big-Step is a major assistance program to help applicants upgrade their math, science, and other academic skills for a successful career in construction.
The overall goal of Big-Step is to provide greater skills to individuals striving for a career in the skilled trades. The majority of participants will be placed into higher skilled/higher paying jobs and apprenticeship occupations, once training and work experience has been achieved.
BIG STEP HELPS:
- Recruit qualified individuals for apprenticeship training and careers.
- Provide needs assessment and identify deficiencies clients may have; develop a corresponding action plan.
- Provide apprenticeship test tutoring and other preparation services. Day and evening classes are available.
- Place clients into on-the-job training with the intention of leading to construction related apprenticeships.
- Place and assist clients into any classroom training necessary to prepare/place them into higher-paying employment opportunities.
- Provide case management services to assist candidates to become indentured apprentices and/or retain construction-related employment.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Earl Buford, Executive Director
3841 West Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53208